Zappa Plays Zappa

Last night, Tate and I went to see Zappa Plays Zappa at the crest theater and it was amazing. The basic premise for the show is Dweezil Zappa and his band are playing all of Frank Zappa's music. I have appreciated Frank's music since being introduced to him by Tate, but I have to confess that I have never truly enjoyed the music. Last night, I can truly say that I enjoyed the music and have an even deeper appreciation for his music.

I think my biggest problem, is that listening to Frank Zappa's music is hard to listen to. You have to actually listen to his music, and pay attention. Once you stop paying attention, you lose any enjoyment you were getting out of it, and it turns into noise. But seeing it live, is just something that blows you away. The musicianship of everyone in the band is amazing. They have so much talent and skill that you are just blown away at the everything they are presenting.

All in all, a good night was had, and Tate was finally able to see Zappa in concert!

Comments