Busy, Busy, and then more Busy Weekend

I think I need another weekend just to recover from this last one! Friday I went to Woodland about 10:15a to go pick tomatoes, then had to pick Sierra up at the clinic from Lydia. We headed back to Sac to drop the tomatoes off at my house, then off to lunch and pottery painting. We had a ton of fun painting then had to rush out of there and back to my house to get Tate, who wasn't home and missed the boat because we had to be in Woodland before 3p so Emiley could get to her class. I picked up Kelsey and we all went over to my mom's for swimming. After swimming, the girls played at my mom's for a while, then Kels was ready to go home, so I dropped her off at Em's and I was home around 7:30p. Needless to say, I was a little pooped by the end of the day and passed out on the couch around 8:30, then was in bed by 9a. I think I was also wore out from my new 9/80 work schedule.

Dogs woke me up about 6:30a Saturday morning, I let them out, but of course couldn't get back to sleep, so I read a bit and after letting them back in and feeding them, I was trying to go back to sleep, but every time I got close, one of them would fart and wake me up because it was so nasty! LOL! I finally got up around 8:45 because I had to get the kitchen cleaned up to can the tomatoes and I knew Corrie would be there at 10a. I had to run to the store to get some lids and something for breakfast, and was back in time to get the tomatoes going before she got there. The next few hours were a blur of tomatoes, skins, steam and just heat. We had lunch at Sammie's and made a trip to Thrift Town when one of the batches was processing. We finished about 4:30p, and being all hot and sweaty, decided to go to Woodland to swim! Getting back to Sac around 7:30, starving for dinner, we went to Sandra D's and ended up waiting about 20 minutes for a table, then it took probably an hour to get our food. Our waitress was really nice about it though and said if we wanted dessert or anything it was on her. So when she came back after we were done, and asked about dessert we said we were too full, but thank you and she said that our meal was on her and thanked us for being so patient, so we got free dinner!! WHOO-HOO!! We finally got home around 9:30 or so and I crashed on the couch and was in bed around 10:30p. Good lord, one more day, can I rest yet?

Up at 7:15a on Sunday, wasn't even sleepy at this point. I let the dogs out into the back yard and went to watch them and play with Woody and his new toy. I ended up getting my camera and taking a video of it because it was so funny! (See below for video) Watched some TV, but was feeling restless at this point because I had been so busy. Around 9:30, I went to check on Tate and he was kind of waking up, so sat and talked to him a bit, then he decided it was time to get up and go do stuff. There were errands to run and stuff to do! Off to 99cent store for fruits and veggies. I found bags of jalapeños and boxes of liquid Certo, so I figured that was fate telling me it was time to do jalapeño jelly. Next was Save Mart for $0.77/lb beef ribs for smoking then to Smart & Final for jars. While at Smart & Final Lisa called and asked what we were up to. Zachary wanted to go to breakfast at Eggies, but Lisa said they can't do that without Aunt Jenny & Tate! So, it was brunch at Eggies. Phew, I'm really tired now! After brunch, got home and made 2 big fruit salads from the 99cent store fruit then started in on the jalapeños. Two hours later, I finally had my jelly done and cooling and I was done and ready to cool. Tate had been running all over the damn house. He fixed the flat tire on my bike, plus polished it up real nice, got the ribs going on the smoker, removed the front porch step, transplanted one of the camellia trees and other general house upkeep. We ended the day with amazing ribs and watched 'Taken'.

So, in summary, I need another weekend to recover!

Comments