Flying Times

The Summer is half over and as I look back, we do have some good stuff to show for it. The weekend of the 4th of July, Tate and I traveled to Arizona and met his high school buddy there to spend the weekend on a houseboat on Lake Mohave. Needless to say, 109 degree heat on a fairly un-airconditioned houseboat was a little warm. But day 2 I spent in the lake and that made all the difference. Meeting Mike and his family was a lot of fun. I have to admit that I was nervous about spending a weekend on a small houseboat with 6 other people that I've never met before, but I had chatted with Mike some on Facebook and knew that he was pretty laid back.

Lots of swimming and general lay-about behavior summed up the trip, then Tate and I made our way back to Las Vegas. We decided to take a different road back so we could drive over the Hoover Dam and that was a lot of fun, but then we got to Vegas. *sigh* I wanted to drive the strip since I had never really been to Vegas before and thought we might as well since we had several hours until our flight left. I made the decision about half way down the strip that I really have no desire to come back and "do" Las Vegas. It really isn't my kind of place with all the people and the noise. Driving the strip left a bad taste in my mouth, so we stopped at the "World's biggest gift shop" and had fun just roaming around there looking at all the crap. Then we were hungry so we found the tiniest little Mexican place and had a great lunch. The old rule stands true, if the Mexicans eat there, then it's gotta be good. I don't even think the cashier spoke English, it was that authentic! LOL!

After our early dinner, we headed for the airport to return the car and just wait out the time before our flight left. Well, when we got to the counter to check in, the guy there told us that our flight had been delayed by a half an hour - great! By this time I was so tired that all I wanted to do was just go home and be in bed knowing that I had to be at work the next day. Waiting in the airport, my dislike for Vegas continued. It seemed scuzzy to me and run down. But we waited it out and were home around 11:30p.

Now, coming home was another gem. When we got home, Maggie was no where to be found. We had left our neighbor, Patrick, in charge of the animals and I think he just didn't have the experience with animals that we thought he did. Maggie had gone missing on the 4th and now coming home on the 6th, she was still not home. This sent me into a tizzy of worry and concern. Not to mention that it seemed the boys had been in their kennels all day with no water or time outside to do their business. I was not a happy camper, but knew that I couldn't do anything until the next day and had to get some sleep or I would be a bigger basket case the next day.

Comments