Hell Week

This past week has been a nightmare. Maggie was missing the entire week, so my time was spent posting missing flyers on craigslist, and going to the city pound in hopes of finding her. I posted flyers in the neighborhood and Tate was doing circles on his bike in hopes of finding her. There were a few phone calls and a couple emails that I appreciated, but were not our girl. In addition to being worried sick about Maggie and wondering if we were ever going to see her again, I had a cold that was draining every last bit out of me. All I wanted to do was sleep, so finally Friday I gave it up and just went to bed when I got home and slept for 2 hours snuggling with Buddy and Woody.

Finally on Saturday morning I got a call around 9am that they had seen her in their backyard. Apparently, this is the same place that saw her when she originally got out on the 4th, but they thought she was gone and hadn't seen her since then. She had been hiding in their backyard in a small hidey-hole and wouldn't come out. I was over there in a flash and once she heard my voice, Maggie came bursting out ever so happy to see me. I was never so relieved in my whole life. She is much skinnier than before, but other than that, she is in good shape and we are so happy to have her home. I was sure to give her a stern lecture, then just kisses, hugs and love!

Now that hell week is over, I begin another form of hell week. I start my new work schedule: 7a-5p. I'm working a 9/80, so I'll have every other Friday off, which until I get used to long days is going to suck, but having those 3 day weekends will be nice.

Comments