mmmm.... Chocolate!

That's right, I said chocolate. Friday was my day off, and I was left home alone since Tate was off volunteering at the Bicycle Kitchen. I decided to make the most of my day by doing house work. I started the day with vacuuming the floors then was going to dust. Well, the floors got vacuumed, but when I thought about my next project, I just couldn't find the willpower. I admitted to myself that cleaning the house was the last thing I wanted to do. So, the decision was made, I hopped on my bike and headed over to my local Ace Hardware store. I had just enough cash on me to buy a gallon of paint from a sample that we had gotten a few months before and a couple spare keys made.

Home again, I spent then next couple hours painting our hallway a lovely chocolate brown. It's a beautiful color that actually makes the hallway feel bigger than it is, and the paint even smelled like chocolate! By the time Tate came home, I was doing my final touches to the trim and checking out my work. To top it all off, I even made a custom light switch cover to make the wall really pop! Tate has promised to paint the ceiling and put the baseboards in. We are still discussing what to do with the cabinets, but at least the walls are pretty and we are both happy!

Comments