Well, we did it!

That's right, I'm a married woman now. I never really thought it would happen, but it did. Tate and I were married Saturday at Cooper Vineyards and it was a great day.

I woke up early that day knowing I still had things to do and finish for the wedding, and with Tate's parent's staying with us (yes, that's right) I knew bathroom time was going to be precious. So getting my stuff together, I managed to put my bouquet together. Just a simple bunch of red roses that I wrapped with white ribbon and pinned down the center with pearl topped pins. It looked very nice and (almost) professional. :)

I was told to be there about an hour early to make sure all was well, and knowing my friends, I could have slept in a bit longer and taken our time, because we were about an hour and a half early and we had some rather late comers. But when you're at a winery, what do you do when you have to wait? That's right. Drink!

Everyone seemed to enjoy the day, even though Emiley, Patty and Larry were over an hour late with the food and Larry was the one to perform the ceremony. I wasn't stressed or nervous or anything and just kept visiting with everyone. I had a wonderful day with my friends and family and met new family of my own. That day was the first time I had me Tate's brother and his family, and given that they live here in town with us, that was something bizarre.

Even though the weather was a bit more humid than I would have liked, our cake stayed perfect and it looked awesome! Thank you to Corrie & Orrie for the fab tiki cake!


Also, I have to say that the coasters I made from many, many wine corks turned out pretty amazing and people seemed to like them.


And, how could I not be in love with someone who looks at me like this.


All in all it was a wonderful day that I will never forget and even the clouds seemed to approve of it by looking like a dove right behind us from where the ceremony was. Pretty amazing!


And it wasn't until today that I really felt "married." Today we went to the County clerk's office to file our license and as we were walking out, it just kind of hit us that it's official and we're married.

Comments