Ready, Set, Go!

Time to kick this pig and see what happens. I've recently started a new craft with embroidery. I love it! It's a quick craft with really fun results. There are so many great patterns out there right now and one of my favorite websites is Sublime Stitching Jenny has so many great patterns and kits that I have to do my best to not buy everything she has.

I've also discovered the joys of the Flickr search. I did a search for "embroidery patterns" on flickr and found the cutest little mermaid then found another page that had a bunch of sea creatures. This is what I ended up with.



I found the linens at Thrift Town - 8 of them for $1.99, embroidery floss is $0.35 per color (and you can get a lot out of each color pack), downloaded the patterns for free and traced them through the linen, so overall this is ending up to be one of the cheapest crafts I've done yet. That being said, since my husband and I make Valentine's Day the "handmade holiday" this is what I did for him. My first embroidery project ever.



I got the frame at the 99cent store and the ribbon is left over from our wedding favors that I made. I love inexpensive crafts that are meant from the heart!

Comments