We'll Make it Spring One Way or Another!

The weather here has been fairly unpredictable lately. Used to wonderful Spring weather this time of year, we have had more rain than normal making us wonder if we will ever have a proper Spring before the Summer heat arrives. All was going well for several days in a row, but the rain is back today making it a wet dreary mess.

Seeing the forecast for rain this last weekend, I decided to bring Spring into our house and add some cheer. Having the day off on Friday, husband and I started off our day with breakfast at Sammy's Restaurant. It's a great place for yummy basic diner food. Since we haven't been there in a while, I was naughty and got the biscuits and gravy breakfast. Oh, it was so good no matter how guilty I felt.



After breakfast and feeling the need to do a bit of walking, I asked the husband if he would like to go to Michael's to get supplies to make a Spring wreath. I already had a vine wreath that just needed some colorful flowers to make it pop. Luckily, Michael's was having a sale on their flowers and I had a great selection to choose from. I also picked up a white apron for my next embroidery project. I'll keep you posted on that as it moves along.

Once we got home, I started to work on my new Spring wreath. Positioning the flowers here and there making everything just so until I was happy with my results. What do you think?



It hangs on our door that leads into the house from our mud room. I love that our yellow door is the perfect backdrop for this Spring explosion. I had some left over flower stems that I didn't want to throw out and wasn't sure what to do with, so I took this great wine bottle holder we received as a Christmas gift from my mother-in-law and put the flowers in a wine bottle we saved from our honeymoon. That now sits on our dining room table extending the Springy vibe into the house.



Now if this weather would just go back to sunny and warm, Spring will be complete!

Comments