Camera Envy No More!

For several years now, I have wanted a Digital SLR of my very own, but with how much they cost, I knew it was never to be. I satisfied myself with my old Minolta 300si which takes great pictures, but it's film. You have to use up the roll and then get it processed before you can see what you have and by the time you get the prints back, you forgot what you were taking pictures for. So I have been making due with my crappy little Olympus digital camera. It takes ok pictures, but they are digital and I can instantly get the results I'm wanting.

Well, I am happy to announce that I am now the proud owner of a Nikon D5000.


I'm so happy! I've been playing with it a bit in the evening and taking some pictures of the dogs, but I can't wait to take it on an adventure! I have two lenses for it; a 18mm-55mm and 55mm-200mm. I tend to like the longer lenses because you can get great close ups and really change the mood of your photo just by how you frame it.

Here's some pics I took last night at our house just trying to get the hang of this monster of a camera I now own.


I love the detail and clarity of the flowers on this one. *sigh*



Comments