A quiet fourth

Well, today is Monday and I just spent three very lazy but very nice days with my husband. During the week we don't get to see each other very much and we are lucky if we get one day during the weekend together if that. So, I was very excited when I heard that he was going to have Friday, Saturday AND Sunday off for the fourth. My office closed at noon on Friday, so I went in for a few short hours then came home just to be with him.

We had no grand plans, no huge party or bbq to go to, we just wanted to spend the time together and that's what we did. We did some chores around the house and ran a couple errands, but most of all we just spent the time with each other enjoying the time we had. We managed to get out of the house on Saturday to go to the store and get some ribs to smoke for the next day and I made a big mac salad that we've been munching on. So that was our big fourth of July. We smoked ribs, watched cheesy movies, lit some fireworks and had a wonderful time. It was the first time we had ever been alone for the fourth and we didn't feel like we missed out on anything.

I hope everyone else had a good holiday and kept it safe. Husband is back to work today while I have another day off so, here I am, back in the real world of laundry, dishes and what to make for dinner. Tomorrow is the possible start to a whole new journey. I don't know what is going to happen, but there could be big changes coming to our house so stay tuned.

Comments