Reconnecting with my mini-me

I spent the day today with my 8 year old niece and it was wonderful. I haven't seen her in a while and usually when I do see her it's at family dinners and such and we don't really get to 'hang out.' So, when my sister-in-law asked me to watch her today, I was stoked.

I headed to Woodland bright and early this morning to pick her up and we headed back to Sac with some thoughts of what we wanted to do today. We got back to my house and she wanted to play with the Wii since it's something she doesn't have and doesn't get to play with too often, so out comes Just Dance and we started bouncing around the living room. Next was Sports Resort and a bowling tournament and some sword fights before taking a break to go play Mancala. We played Mancala for a while then decided we wanted to go do pottery painting. We had done it last time we had a day together and had great fun, so we packed up and headed over to Alpha Ceramics to spend the afternoon painting.

We spent about three hours painting our projects, her a little sea turtle and kitty cat and me a gnome statue that I named Bill. :) After we finished our painting, we were starving so it was back home for some lunch, more Wii, more games and more fun. During this time I realized how alike she and I are. She is really a mini-me in how she competes in games and how she takes wins and losses. We are both fierce competitors but we will lose gracefully but love the win.

By the end of the day, we were both pooped, but had a great time and I was so happy that I was able to spend the time with her since I really don't see her much at all anymore. Here's Bill to prove that we did go pottery painting and what fun it was. :D

Comments