Beginning of the End

Well, it's finally happened, I have hit the final year of my 30's. My birthday was this last week and to say it was interesting is being subtle. I planned to take my birthday off because, who freakin' wants to work on their birthday and also because Chako the pit bull rescue that I occasionally volunteer for was having an adoption event and I agreed to volunteer to help. Well, since it's been raining non-stop crazy here for what seems the last 8 months, the event was cancelled since it was in a park, so I was stuck with no plans, no money and nothing to do. I spent the day on my couch watching bad movies streamed through Netflix with my dogs and a nice fire while it poured outside.

Husband had to work all day and needed to stop at the store after work, so by the time he got home, I was bored senseless and had no idea what was going on. I was surprised with a bunch of flowers, which was my second batch of flowers I have gotten from him this year and is twice the amount of flowers I have ever received from him so it was an extra pleasant surprise. He had bought all sorts of groceries for the mystery party that was being planned between him and the bestie for Saturday, and was ready to call it a day. I asked him what the plan for dinner was and the darling that he is, had no plans because all his planning abilities were being used for the Saturday shin-dig so I think I ended up having popcorn for dinner and a fruity rum drink chaser. LOL!

Comments