I'm getting too old for this sh!t

Monday, May 16, 2011

Oh the weekend I have had. Too much fun with too much alcohol makes for two days of recovery. First the fun. Thursday night my bestie took me to the Zac Brown Band concert for my birthday. It was amazing! I love this band and they are even better live, not to mention the fact that we had field seats getting us super close to the stage.

We thought we were being smart. "Hey, let's take a cab so we don't have to drive and can drink and not worry about anything." Sounds smart doesn't it? Well, one fatal flaw is that it leaves the door open to drink too much. At our age we really should know better, but we didn't. We were there to party! We hadn't been to a concert with just the two of us since our Jimmy Buffett days and we partied like we were 24 again. We stumbled home around midnight just as my husband was going to bed and chatted with him in our drunken ways eating our drunken snacks of chili cheese fritos, cheddar munchies, potato chips, Jelly Belly Belly Flops, M&M's and sour apple candy. The best snacks when you're drunk!

Once we were satiated, we all headed to bed and passed out. Husband was up first since he had to go to work, then me since I couldn't get back to sleep. I woke up starving and had no desire to cook food because I knew I would just have to clean it up later, so I made a quick trip to Beto's for a chorizo breakfast burrito. The best thing after a night of partying. As I sat on the couch watching my morning bad tv and eating my burrito, the bestie woke up and said she had to get back home. After she left I was back on the couch and that's about where I stayed for the day. I felt drained and had no energy for anything. I had danced away the night singing at the top of my lungs and now I was left lifeless on the couch streaming Netflix movies through my Wii.

After recovering all day on Friday from Thursday's antics, I knew I needed to be in tip-top shape for Saturday because I had something big to pull off and needed everything I had to do it. My plan was to throw a surprise party for the husband for his birthday that was on Wednesday but I also had promised my girlfriend that I would watch her son for her while she worked an event that day. Saturday morning arrived and I got up with husband to make the coffee and get my act in gear. He knew that I would be babysitting that day, but that was about it. After he left the house, Zachary showed up and it was time to get in gear. There was shopping to do and decorations to get as well as food to cook so I got dressed and we were out the door.

We finished our shopping and headed back to the house to get to work. Of course Zachary was more interested in playing Mario Cart on the Wii and watching movies than helping, but what else do you expect from a 10 year old boy? I decorated the dining room and hung some tiki style lanterns in the kitchen, then got to work making my salsas for the Mexican fiesta I had planned for dinner. I also made sure to make him a chocolate on chocolate cake because you can't have a birthday party without birthday cake!

The rest of the day was spent cooking, cleaning or something in between until I had it all done and just had to cook the pastor for the tacos after everyone arrived. Lisa showed up to pick up Zachary and we were able to have a nice visit until husband came home. He walked right in the house, through the decorated dining room and into the kitchen, past the lanterns without noticing anything! I do love this man. :) I then had to just tell him: "hey honey, guess what? I've had something up my sleeve for a while, and SURPRISE, you're getting a party tonight! Now go change your shirt, I ironed one for you right there." hahahaha Needless to say, he was quite surprised and that was when he noticed all the decorations.

Lisa and Zachary took off at that point and we got ready for the guests to arrive. The party was a blast. Everyone had such a good time, my food was a hit and Tate said it was the best birthday he's had in a very long time, so I think that's a good thing. I remained a semi-good girl and didn't drink too much since I had over imbibed Thursday night, but Tate had his party-on and by the end of the night took a header in the workshop and ended up bruising his ribs. I guess the saying is right when they say it isn't a party until someone is on the floor. LOL!

Sunday was spent, once again, in recovery mode. Mostly because I was tired since I didn't sleep well the night before but truly because I'm too old for this sh!t. I did manage to can some jam I had meant to do on Friday, so I have 4 pints of strawberry jam and 4 pints of blackberry/jalapeno jam to show for my efforts. Otherwise, Sunday was spent napping on the couch and streaming more movies from Netflix. Luckily the husband had the day off so he was lazy with me and quiet sore from his fall. All in all, a great weekend not to be out done in a very long time, I hope!


Post a Comment

Pineapple and the Crab Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino