The crafty side of July

July is now half over and I'm thinking back to what I have got accomplished. Well, there are a few things and let me share them with you all. First off, for the 4th of July weekend we found sweet white corn on sale at a local supermarket and bought 30 ears. I made the decision that I was going to can corn for the first time since I have a pressure canner and it needs to be used more often. The work involved in shucking and de-cobbing 30 ears of corn is not too bad, but still takes a while, but the payoff is worth it. My house smelled so awesome when the canner was going and for many hours later. Here's the bounty that I was able to obtain from those 30 ears. Six quarts of corny goodness!


Next, I decided I'd take on one of my arch nemesis: pork tenderloin. People that know me know that I have a mixed history with pork. I've never really liked bacon, but will eat sausage (sometimes) but haven't really liked pork chops or pork tenderloin. I went for many years and didn't eat any pork or beef and was just fine, but since I got together with this crazy man that I married he has me wanting to try all sorts of things because he loves it so much. Well, pork tenderloin here I am. Cruising recipes I found one for a grilled pork tenderloin in a hoisin and honey glaze that sounded awesome, and I'll tell you what, it was! I was so shocked at myself for not only making this awesome dinner which included grilled pineapple, but for liking the pork so much. My next task is going to be pork chops so we'll see how that goes. :)


My next project was to finally embroider on some great flour sack towels I found at our local thrift store still in the package! I love that I found these brand new towels which at any regular store would be about $12 for the pack of 4 I got, but at Thrift Town they were only $1.99!! I love thrifting! I have finished 2 of the towels and have 2 more to go. The first towel I did a camping theme with a cute trailer and the second is in a tiki theme. The one I'm currently working on is a bicycle theme with a boy and a girl next to their bikes with trees in the background. It should be real cute when finished.



Cooking and crafting are all fun and rewarding, but sometimes you still need a little something to bring a happy ending to your day. When that is needed I have some wonderful friends that invite husband and I on their pontoon boat for a cruise on the river. It's always fun and always very relaxing. This is the way every day should end in my book.

Happy crafting my friends!

Comments