Baker's first time

Those who know me know that I'm not a huge baker but I do enjoy the occasional cookie baking session. Husband has been begging for a Kitchenaid mixer for a couple years now and since he makes many loaves of bread in a month so I figured he kind of deserved it and Christmas came early to the Peterson house.


After noticing a sale at Kohl's where the $399 mixer was on sale for $299 and I had a 30% coupon giving me an extra $90 off plus free shipping, a $30 rebate and ordering through ebates.com getting me another $8.40 cash back, I figured I couldn't pass it up. Also, I think husband was happy.


Not to mention the pretty pistachio green color couldn't be passed up!

Once I broke it in with a batch of cookies, husband has made banana bread, white bread and a batch of tortillas so I felt it necessary to put my baking skills to the test tonight. Husband had bought a big bag of limes last week and I didn't want them to go to waste so I figured it was time to do a key lime pie. I whipped up a graham cracker crust and found a recipe for a key lime pie. Now the tricky part was that having egg whites left over I figured I would make a meringue for the top. I have never beat egg whites to a stiff peak before and I hope I did it correctly, but I think the pie at least turned out pretty. Just going to have to give it a try.



Comments