Dark and Stormy - Yes Please!

Not sure if I've ever mentioned my new found love for the beverage known as a dark and stormy. If I haven't well, let me introduce you. A dark and stormy is a lovely rum drink simply made with Gosling's black seal rum and the spiciest ginger beer you can get. You poor the ginger beer into your glass, then float the rum on top to add the "dark and stormy" look. Garnish with a lime and that's it! You're done, enjoy!


In my quest to find a suitably spicy ginger beer, I came across a recipe online to make your own. As the home making freak that I am I, of course, had to try this recipe and since I was planning on having a luau party, I figured this would be the ultimate time to make it. The recipe is simple, grated ginger, fresh lemon juice, simple syrup, yeast and time. That's it, nothing too special. When done, I had a wonderfully spicy ginger brew that made my dark and stormys to die for. Also, on hot summer days, it's wonderful on it's own served over ice.


The recipe needs some tweaking, a little more ginger, a little less lemon, but all in all, it's a great cheap beverage for cocktails or on its own. Enjoy!

Comments