Making that food dollar go all the way.

I've been thinking lately how we will make some awesome meals then live off of the left overs for a week or until we are sick to death of them. Well, this week we're doing things differently. Last night I did the traditional roasted chicken using chicken quarters husband had got on sale with some staples we keep in the house of potatoes, carrots and onions. It came out fabulous, but not something I wanted to eat all week long for lunch and dinner. Tonight is the beginning of the re-purpose, re-use and re-design of that which was made first.

I now present to you, the chicken tostada!


I took one of the quarters and shredded it, added garlic powder, red chili powder and cumin and sauteed it while I fried up some left over tortillas from Saturday. I heated up some beans, chopped some onions added some cilantro and busted out the tomatillo salsa that husband had made that day. They turned out fabulous and were a quick Tuesday night meal that even Rachel Ray and her 30 minute timer would be proud of.

Huzzah for leftovers of another color!

Comments